If you’re looking for a rich and flavorful dish that’s both soothing and overflowing with Pakistani spices, this Pakistani Egg Curry recipe is for you. In Pakistan, eggs are converted into a creamy and fragrant stew that is great for any meal. This dish is likely to please your taste buds whether you’re a novice or an expert cook. So let’s explore the world of Pakistani cuisine and make a delectable Egg Curry that will take you to the busy streets of Lahore.
Table of Contents
Egg Curry Recipe
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2-3 finely chopped green chilies (according to your personalspice preference)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (adjust to your spicepreference)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- For tempering (tadka)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 dried red chilies (optional for extra heat)
- Preparation of the Eggs: Hard-boil the eggs in a kettle of water. Bring to a boil,then lower to a low heat and continue to cook for 9-12 minutes. Cool in coldwater after cooking, peel, and put aside.
- Make the Curry Base: Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wide, deepskillet or pan over medium heat.– Add the chopped onions and cook for 10-12 minutes, oruntil they are tender and golden brown.– Stir in the minced garlic and ginger and simmer foranother 2 minutes, or until the raw scent is gone.
- Spice it Up:Add the chopped tomatoes and green chilies to the pan andsimmer until the tomatoes soften and the oil separates from the mixture. Thisshould take roughly 10-12 minutes.– Combine the turmeric powder, cumin powder, corianderpowder, red chili powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Cook for another 2-3minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the spices to roast and mingle intothe mixture.
- Add Yogurt and Water: Reduce the heat tolow and add the yogurt to the pan, stirring constantly to prevent curdling.– After a few minutes, add 1/2 cup of water to achieve thedesired consistency of the curry For the flavors to meld, simmer for a furtherfive minutes.
- Make the Tadka (Tempering): – In a separatesmall pan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add cumin seeds and dried redchilies (if using), and let them sizzle for a minute or so. – Pour this tadkaover the curry to infuse it with a delightful flavor and aroma.
- Add the Eggs and Finish: – Carefully slicethe hard-boiled eggs into halves or quarters and gently place them in thesimmering curry. – Sprinkle garammasala over the curry, cover, and let it cook for another 5-7 minutes to allowthe eggs to absorb the flavors.
- Serve and Garnish: – Once the curryhas thickened to your liking and the eggs are well coated, turn off the heat. – Garnish yourPakistani Egg Curry with fresh cilantro leaves for a burst of color andfreshness.8. Savour Your Culinary Delight: – Serve your Egg Curry hot,along with steamed rice or warm rotis. On your plate right now are the creamy,spicy, and fragrant aromas of Pakistan!
What makes Pakistani Egg Curry so delicious
the harmonious fusion of rich flavors and aromatic spices, akin to the beloved “chicken karahi” dish. The eggs, hard-boiled to perfection, soak up the luscious tomato and yogurt-based sauce, creating a creamy texture that’s simply irresistible. Infused with the essence of cumin, coriander, and red chili, this curry offers a tantalizing balance of heat and savory notes. The finishing touch of a cumin and red chili tadka adds an aromatic dimension reminiscent of the iconic chicken karahi. This recipe promises to transport your taste buds on a delightful culinary journey through Pakistan.
With our authentic Egg Curry recipe, you can bring the spirit of Pakistani food straight into your own home. The rich combination of spices, creamy yogurt, and properly cooked eggs make this meal a pleasure for your taste buds. Share it with family and friends to let them feel the charm of this delectable curry. So put on your apron, gather your supplies, and go on a gastronomic adventure to Pakistan without leaving your house. Enjoy!